WelcomeI am a Systems Software researcher. My primary research interests are cloud computing, operating systems, distributed computing, and high-end computing.
Currently I am Department Head, Professor, and Holder of the Ford Motor Company Design Professorship II < of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University.
Recent News and Activities
- panel "Why Women in Tech Should Patent Ideas" at GHC'2014 in October
- presentation on "Preparing for Promotion" at GHC'2014 CRA-W Mentoring Workshop in October
- Joined Texas A&M in 8/24/14
- joined the USENIX HotCloud Steering Committee in July
- keynote presentation at SBRC'2014 in May
Recent Publications (selected list, full list)
- my papers with links
Recent Professional Activities (full list)
- Program committee member: IC2E'15, USENIX ATC'14, ICDCS'14, ICAC'14, HPDC'14, IC2E'14, ICS'14, IPDPS'14, SBAC'14, SuperComputing'14 Posters, SuperComputing'14 Workshops, SBESC'2014, GHC 2014 Career Track, GHC 2014 Scholarship Committee, Tapia'14 Workshop and Poster Committees, IEEE CLOUD 2014, Middleware'2013, IPDPS'2013, SYSTOR'2013, VTDC 2013, SuperComputing'2013 Technical Posters, INFLOW 2013, Grace Hopper Scholarships 2013
- Referee: ACM ASPLOS 2015, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- Conference steering committee: ACM VEE, IEEE IC2E, USENIX HotCloud
- Conference organization:
Teaching (full list)Not teaching this semester.
- my awards